The eight honorees are the first media representatives selected for induction into the state hall since 2004.
The illustrious group include
• John McClain the Houston Chronicle sportswriter who has been a longtime contributor to radio sports talk shows on KTRH (740 AM) and KILT (610 AM) and regularly appears on other stations throughout the country
• Charean Williams, a former writer with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and Bryan Eagle who now works for NBC Sports’ Pro Football Talk and, like McClain, a recipient of the Dick McCann Award from the Pro Football Hall of Fame
• Randy Galloway, a former writer and columnist with The Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram and radio talk show host for WBAP-AM and KESN-FM in Dallas-Fort Worth
• Denne Freeman, the longtime Texas sports editor for the Associated Press
• Brad Sham, the longtime radio play-by-play announcer for the Dallas Cowboys who recently had the press box at AT&T stadium renamed in his honor
• Eric Nadel, the Texas Rangers’ radio-by-play voice and a recipient of the Ford C. Frick Award from the Baseball Hall of Fame
• Bill Mercer, the former radio voice of the Cowboys, Dallas Texans, Rangers and Chicago White Sox and a longtime teacher at the University of North Texas
• The late Frank Glieber, who was sports director at KRLD-AM in Dallas, a Cowboys radio announcer and a golf and football announcer for CBS Sports
The group will be honored at a time and place to be determined. They join the Texas Sports Hall of Fame’s inaugural media honorees, a group that included Dan Jenkins, Blackie Sherrod, Dave Campbell, Mickey Herskowitz, Verne Lundquist, Jack Dale, Kern Tips and Frank Fallon.
Comments are closed.